1. ‘The Company’, ‘We’, ‘Us’ or ’Ours’ shall refer to LocServe Limited, trading as LocServe, registered in England under company number 08033396, with the registered address at 2 Parkside Close, Radcliffe, Manchester, M262QS.
2. ‘Services’ refers to any kind of work (translation, engineering, proofreading, localisation etc.) supplied by The Company.
3. ‘The Client’, ‘You’ or ‘Your’ shall refer to any person or organisation to which LocServe Ltd shall supply Services.
4. ‘Original Materials’ means any documents or files (in paper or electronic format) supplied by the Client to the Company for the purposes of providing the Service.
5. ‘Completed Works’ means the translated documents or materials (in paper or electronic format) produced by the Company for the Client, from the Original Materials as per the Client’s instructions.
6. ‘Contract’ means the contract between the Client and Inbox Translation, and includes the purchase order from the Client or written confirmation of quotation acceptance (usually by email), together with these Terms and Conditions.
7. ‘Delivery’ of Completed Works to the client refers to postage, email, facsimile or FTP transfer.
8. Verbal quotations or any estimate given prior to receiving the Original Materials are not binding and are subject to a written quotation upon receiving the Original Materials. Written quotations are valid for 14 calendar days, after which a new quotation may be necessary. We reserve the right to charge an additional amount to the quoted one in case the Client makes changes or additions to the Original Materials after the work has started. Such a surcharge shall be agreed with you in writing before continuing with the work.
9. All Contracts are subject to these Terms and Conditions only. Any variation or change to the Contract must be confirmed in writing by the Director of Inbox Translation.
Fees and payment
10. All quoted fees are in GBP and include VAT (value added tax), if applicable.
11. All Services are subject to a minimum charge, which depends on the type of Service requested by the Client.
a. In the case of Translation Services, upon acceptance of the quotation by the Client, the Company will allocate the work to the most suitable person, according to their experience and expertise. In the event that the order is cancelled after the commencement of work, the Company reserves the right to charge a cancellation fee of an amount equivalent to the work carried out until then or the minimum charge, whichever is higher.
b. In the case of Engineering Services, the cancellation fee will depend on how much in advance the purchase order is cancelled, as follows:
i. If the purchase order is cancelled more than 30 days before the assignment, no cancellation fee is charged
ii. If the purchase order is cancelled between 30 and 15 days before the assignment, 50% of the value of the quotation will be charged
iii. If the purchase order is cancelled between 15 and 7 days before the assignment, 75% of the value of the quotation will be charged
iv. If the purchase order is cancelled less than 7 days before the assignment, 100% of the value of the quotation will be charged
12. New Clients outside the UK but from the EU will be required to pay 50% upfront of the total quote value (inc. VAT) and the remaining 50% upon completion of work. Clients outside the EU and private individuals (from any country including the UK) will be required to pay 100% of the total value before the commencement of work. Clients from the UK (except private individuals) will be required to pay the full value upon completion of work.
13. Payment shall be made within 14 calendar days of invoice date. The Client must cover all bank charges. We reserve the right to charge 1% interest on late payments, such interest to be charged for each day starting with the first day the payment has become overdue.
Completion of Work
14. The Company will always strive to meet the agreed deadlines for the delivery of the Completed Works; however, these dates are approximate only and, unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Company, no delay shall entitle the Client to reject any Completed Works or cancel the Contract.
Duties of the Company
15. Whilst the Company shall always use skill and care in selecting the suppliers used to perform the Services (translators, interpreters, proofreaders etc.), the Company does not guarantee that the Completed Works sent to the Client will be error free.
16. The Client acknowledges that Works (original or completed) submitted by or to the Client over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be free from the risk of being intercepted or corrupted, even if they are encrypted. We have no liability for loss, corruption or interception of any Works.
17. The Client shall notify the Company within 10 business days of the delivery of Completed Works of any claim regarding the supplying of the Completed Works, together with full details. Failure to notify the Company within the stipulated time eliminates any liability to the Client on the part of the Company.
18. If the Client notifies the Company within 10 days of the delivery of the Completed Works of any alleged inaccuracies or errors in the Completed Works, our liability will only be limited to rectifying such errors should we find them. Such claims on the part of the Client will in no way delay payment.
Duties of the Client
19. It is the Client’s responsibility not to submit to the Company any materials deemed to be of obscene or libellous nature or that infringe the Intellectual Property Rights of any third parties.
20. It is the Client’s obligation to ensure he owns the copyright of any material submitted for translation. The Company cannot be held liable for any infringements of such laws by translating materials submitted by the client.
21. The copyright to the translated materials shall be vested in the Client only after full payment has been received by the Company. Until then, the Company owns the copyright (not the risks) to any translated works. Any use of the Completed Works by the Client before payment has been cleared is subject to permission from the Company. Otherwise, the Client may be in breach of copyright law.
22. Each party shall ensure they comply with relevant provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation. You can read more about how we comply in our Privacy and Cookie Notice.
The present Contract is governed by the English law.
These terms and conditions are subject to change without prior written notice.
Placement of an order with the Company means acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.